- Araucarias Provincial Park
- Cruce Caballero Provincial Park
Combined Cruce Caballero – Araucarias Provincial Parks
- 06.00 Early start transfer (40 min drive) to Cruce Caballero PP.
- AM Birding Cruce Caballero main trail
- 12.30 Packed Lunch at Ranger Station in the reserve.
- 13.30 transfer (40 min) to Araucarias PP.
- PM Birding main trail Araucarias PP.
- 17.30 Araucarias speciality – evening viewing of Vinaceous-breasted Amazons flying in to roost in Araucaria trees.
San Pedro Day List:
Cruce Caballero PP – upland rarities unique to the Atlantic Forest biome: Solitary Tinamou, Rusty-barred Owl, White-browed Foliage-Gleaner, Sao-Paulo Tyrannulet, Planalto Tapaculo, Black-billed Scythebill and Green-chinned Euphonia are all good possibilities, and we may be among those lucky enough to see Robust and Helmeted Woodpeckers.
Araucarias PP – Canebrake Groundcreeper and Araucaria Tit-spinetail. Other regulars are Red-breasted Toucan, Vinaceous-breasted Amazon, Azure Jay and even the odd Helmeted Woodpecker.